Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Pedicure socks are open-toed!

Kim got up early, packed her car and went back to school this morning. She didn't even forget anything! Well, she did forget something, but she came back for it. When I woke up this afternoon, I called to see if she got back okay, and she said she had already unloaded her car and was on her way to class.

So with Kim gone, when Maddy came over to play tonight, I had her all to myself - Rich was at Tae Kwon Do. She looked through the toy basket and I had to make the one toy work for her over and over, because she is too little to make it spin around, but she really likes the spinning!

Then she got distracted by my phone because Kim was texting me, so I let her play with it for a minute. She is not so interested in the toy cell phones. Then I remembered that Rich's old cell phone was upstairs so I ran up and grabbed it, and she had that one to play with (chew on) so I could rescue mine and wipe the drool off of it.

Maddy has had a terrible diaper rash this weekend, so I decided to give her a dry diaper to help keep her skin in good shape. I took off her diaper, and her bum looks much better, by the way, and then I remembered that Rachel read on the internets that you should let their bottoms air-dry and leave them uncovered to help heal them, so I didn't put a diaper on her right away. Like a sucker, I left her bare for a few minutes, and of course she peed on the floor, and also on the little one piece thing she was wearing.

I mopped her up and put a dry diaper on her and dressed her in a dry nightgown I had from when she was smaller, so it was a close fit, and she was a little annoyed with it. I distracted her with a bottle and a Youtube video of Voltaire, and then Ash came to pick her up and take her home. Whew!

Tomorrow I have a chemistry test that I have been reviewing for all weekend, and I just had a text conversation with Kim about it.

Kim:
Good luck on ur test. Don't panic!

Me:
I will use my Rescue Remedy drops and not sit staring in terror like a deer in headlights.

Kim:
U will be ok. Do u need a Xanax?

Me:
No, I will be too tired in the morning. If I take a Xanax I will pass out with my face on the desk and drool on my paper.

Kim:
Haha, so pass on that idea.



Okay, I'm going to study now. When I'm done reviewing, I will just relax and knit on the pedicure socks I'm making for Kim.

3 comments :

  1. I think little girls are born with the innate ability to tell a toy cell phone from a real one.
    I love that you're just like a sixteen year old angsting about your upcoming test. If you don't get a decent grade, you're gonna be so grounded!

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.buttpaste.com/BLButtPaste.php

    Has Rachel tried butt paste? It's supposed to be way better than any other booty cream on the market. I've never tried it, but all my friends swear by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the butt paste and wasn't so much impressed. Totally prefer A&D!! And airdrying because it's so funny when nan does it!!

    ReplyDelete