Sunday, June 24, 2012

In which Rachel loses things.

I was just going to do one of those entries about What I'm Doing Today, but then I read some earlier entries from this  year (there weren't very many of them) and one of them was about the little dress I knitted for Maddy that Rachel put on top of the car and then drove away and lost it (you can read it here.)

It was funny to read because I had forgotten all about that, but recently when I loaned her my old Kindle, she did exactly the same thing!  She put it on top of the car, along with her scriptures, after church, and then drove home to get something, and when she got back to church, Rich saw her, and gave her the scriptures, which had been picked up in the parking lot by someone, but the Kindle wasn't with them!

So Rachel was panicking, and she told me later that Ash drove home and she was practically hanging out the window so she could find that Kindle if it was lying by the side of the road.  And she did find it, lying by the side of the road, and it only has a little dent in one corner. 

When she told me about that close call, she said it had happened recently with her cell phone, too, but she had only driven a few yards, and then turned around to go back home for something she had forgotten, and when she got out of the car, she saw the phone had slid over and stopped at the corner of the sunroof.  What a doofus.





1 comment :

  1. I have totally done that! I put a friends sheet music on top of my car and then drove off. The music fell into the road and when I went back for it (yes, it was still there), it had tire marks and mud all over it! Gross!

    ReplyDelete