Saturday, September 1, 2012

In which I walked a long way.

I know I haven't written in a long time. It's been a hot, busy summer, but now I'm ready to try writing regularly again.

What I'm knitting today:

I have the second sock of a pair at work with me. The yarn is Opal in one of the Van Gogh colorways. This one is called Starry Night, but I don't think the colors look as much like Starry Night as they should.

I am working on a baby blanket, but I left it at home because it needs a longer circular needle to work it comfortably. I just haven't felt like finding a longer needle.

Hmm, I also have a sweater for Kim that I started a while ago, but I need more yarn to finish it. I asked them to order more of it and I don't know if it's in at the shop yet. I found another ball of the yarn under the bed in the yarn room when I was in there the other day, so I have enough to start a sleeve now. The sweater is called Eiffel, and the pattern in from Knitty.

Of course I have some other unfinished projects, but I'm not worried about them right now.

What I watched today:

When I got up, Rich was watching Dr. Who, and I sat in my chair and played on the laptop for a while, talked to my sister Sarah on the phone, and made dinner, and Dr Who went on and on. It was a marathon leading up to a season opener or closer, I don't know which, because here's the thing - I don't like Dr. Who. I know, you are gasping in disbelief at my uncoolness, but I don't care. Dr. Who is so boring that I was getting excited when a commercial came on.

What I did instead of watching Dr. Who:

I finally got up and put on my walking shoes and went for a walk, which turned into a two and a half mile hike to Rachel's house. I didn't plan to go that far but it was so nice and breezy outside (thank you, Hurricane Isaac!) that I decided to take a long walk, so I called Rachel to see if she wanted to meet in the middle, and she loaded Maddy up in the stroller and brought a bottle of ice water and met me about 2/3 of the way to her house I was glad to see that bottle of water! It took an hour to get to her house, because the uphills were slowing me down!

Maddy and I sat in the backyard - well, I sat, and Maddy filled her little wading pool with cold water from the hose, and she sprayed my feet, too. Then she wandered off to pick weeds, and was getting too far away from the driveway, so we went in the house. Rachel and Ash were inside eating dinner, and when they were done, Rachel drove me home.

So that was my day. You're welcome.

No comments :

Post a Comment