Monday, August 12, 2013

In which we do not go to yoga class.

I almost never miss a yoga class, but today Kim and I stayed home. Kim was babbling about doing some core work after dinner, since we were missing class, but need I say that did not happen?

We stayed home because early in the evening, when there was plenty of time in which to do so, we decided to make gluten-free hamburger buns. The recipe said the prep time was 10 minutes, and the cooking time was 40 minutes. That meant that we could make our hamburger buns, eat dinner and have plenty of time to mosey on over to the Y for yoga.

Well first of all, let me say that the prep time was nothing like 10 minutes, even without the trip to the store to buy cream of tarter (what is that, anyway?) and butter. I sent Kim to the store, and I stayed home doing some more of the prep work and it still took us two hours to finish the hamburger buns.

When I finally had put the buns in the oven (Har.), I went back to the counter to check the recipe so I could set the timer, and there, lurking behind the mixer, was the sugar that I forgot to add! Oops. So I wasn't sure how good the buns would be, because how important is sugar?

I still don't know the answer to that one, because the buns were delicious! They weren't soft like hamburger buns that we are used to, but they were great! We each ate two hamburgers, because the buns were so good!

Maybe the sugar would have made the buns softer? I just don't know.

In other news, the new refrigerator arrived this morning and we are happy to have shelves again. Maddy has already made a big mess getting a glass of water from the door spout, so that was a success.

No comments :

Post a Comment