Monday, February 13, 2017

Another quiet night at work.

We went to Michigan over the weekend.  It was a quick trip from Friday to Sunday, with our good dogsitter at the house with Oakley, and the Homeless went to RA's for the weekend. 


Rich and Kim spent Saturday at the RV and Camper show in Novi, and I went shopping with Sheila.  It was so relaxing and fun.  We went to a couple of craft supply stores, and to Joann Fabrics, and in between the shopping, we did some eating, so you know, shopping and eating, what's better than that?


Sheila took me out to see the property in Dexter where she is having a small house built, on a lot next door to her sister.  The property is beautiful, full of old pines, and her sister's house was great.  I loved it!  I took a picture of the faucet in the downstairs bathroom, that's how pretty it was!


While we were gone, my next door neighbor dropped off a big bag of yarn in pastel colors that she says she bought to make baby afghans, but she's over making afghans now, and she thought I could do something with the yarn.  Well, I sure can! 


I also bought a little bit of yarn while I was shopping with Sheila on Saturday, so I've got a good start on making some things for the new baby!  I started an Auntie's Afghan for the new baby with some lovely blue acrylic (washable!) that I bought on the trip.

So tonight I'm back at work, reading The Cat Who Played Brahms and starting the baby afghan. Ah, so quiet and pleasant, and not in a house full of the Homelsss. I like being at home less and less with those two in the house, but we are definitely moving toward them leaving. It's been almost two months since they came, and I hope I won't be suffering from PTSD when they go.

No comments :

Post a Comment