Tuesday, December 7, 2010

In which I have lost the will to study.

Yes, it's true. I did suggest to a couple of people that we do Holidailies again, but it was already December 4 when I thought of it, which is a bit late to get started. I was studying for the Everlasting Chemistry class at the time, so I emailed three people that I thought might be interested in posting every day, and scratched some notes on a scrap of paper to remind myself of what I had done for the first three days of the month, but then I went back to doing equations and forgot all about it. Until today, when Sarah said she was doing Holidailies at my suggestion, and guilted me into making an effort to post something.

So I found the scrap of paper that I made the notes on - I was surprised at how unhelpful the notes are! Here is what they said:

  • Dec. 1 - Test in Chem. Compared grades.
  • Dec. 2 - Day off - did what?
  • Dec. 3 - Beans, handbells, snow.
  • Dec. 4 - Practice problems. Dog in snow! Top Gear. Shoveling out a spot.

And now it is three days later, and I'm wondering what I can possibly make out of those cryptic notes!

I have spent the last few days reviewing stuff for my Chemistry final, and going to Rachel's to work on things that you'd think I'd know by now. She has been so helpful and kind, but I'm beginning to see cracks in her veneer and I'm wondering if she is breaking up under the strain of pulling me through Chemistry like a dead seal.

I'm feeling pretty much at the end of my rope also, and I have that flatlined, brain dead feeling you get when there is just nothing else you can learn, and if you keep trying to push stuff in one end of your brain, then things will fall out the other end, things that you don't want to lose, like important memories of your life or what pie tastes like.

So I've done all the studying I can do and tomorrow is the final and I don't even care about it anymore. I'm going to get in bed and read and knit and warm up my cold toes, because hey, it is only 11 degrees outside!

Tomorrow I will be done with my final and I can write about something else. Something maybe more interesting...

1 comment :

  1. oh my heck I laughed so hard when I read this! That's why you should post more. Beans, handbells, snow - wtf? Pulling you through like a dead seal. Love it cousin, you're the best.

    ReplyDelete