Friday, November 11, 2011

In which a rabbit has a jacket!

I finished the two Rabbit Surprise Jackets and took them to SLC to give them to the rabbits, and wasn't I surprised when they didn't fit!

It turns out that a jacket meant for a human baby is way too big for a stuffed rabbit! Who knew?

Since it was very important that Soren's rabbit have a jacket, I did not give up! Carolyn ripped the jacket back and rolled the yarn into balls for me, and I started over from scratch, just making it up as I went along.

I have knit many, many sweaters, so I know how to construct one, and in the end, the jacket was perfect.


We didn't take apart the second rabbit jacket. Carolyn thought it was pretty, and she is saving it for a real baby, either one of her own, or to be a gift for someone else. Carl didn't care if his rabbit had a jacket or not.

Whew! I'm tired of making rabbit jackets!

2 comments :