Wednesday, October 19, 2011

In which there is yarn.

So the yarn arrived from Karin today and I'm working on Peter Rabbit's jacket again. This shade of blue (Dusk in Knitpicks Essentials yarn. I think they are calling that yarn Stroll now.) is the most beautiful shade of blue I have ever seen and I wish I could make a sweater for myself in this color.

And now for the weather: it is freezing here! Even I am cold, probably because I have to wake up and come to work in the middle of the night, but tonight I am wearing a sweater over my shirt, and also socks, and I am still cold. I have a wool shawl in the drawer that I am going to put on, too.

What I'm reading today: I am almost finished with Arabella, by Georgette Heyer, and then I'll start reading book five of Septimus Heap, Syren. After that I am planning to read Blood on the Ice, a book about hockey-playing vampires. I'm so intellectual.

1 comment :

  1. I'm glad it made it! Not to enable you, but that Dusk color is also available in Knit Picks Swish worsted . . .
    And I really thought that I wouldn't have to replace it in my stash since I have so many other options, but after reading this, I think the hole it left in my sock yarn may be too big not to fill it again. Rats!

    ReplyDelete