Wednesday, February 29, 2012

In which I am just catching up.

This weekend I finished four of my UFOs (Unfinished Objects)! That's right, four! Two of them needed buttons, and you know my hatred of button-sewing, but on Monday I went to the fabric store and actually bought buttons! Amazing!

Then I was going to start the Owl Cardigan that I want to knit for Maddy, but Rich showed me his dog-walking mittens and they are so shredded that I can't repair them anymore, so I spent two days knitting him a pair of plain grey wool mittens, when all I really want to do is start that Owl Cardi!

Now that the mittens are done, yay! I can start the cardi tonight at work!

In other news, Kim has been going to the accupuncturist and is being treated for her tendonitis (from texting!), acid reflux, and anxiety. She has six little tacks taped to her right arm, and one in front of her ear. They are so tiny you barely notice them. She says she thinks it is helping.

Kim is sitting on the couch right now, playing a video game with Sando over the Xbox. He is at school and she is here, but they are playing this game and talking to each other through the Xbox. Amazing. They were doing this on Monday, and Sando heard me laughing at a joke that a friend had emailed to me, so I forwarded it to Kim's email (from across the room) and she read it out loud to him. Ah, the wonder of technology!

I have read several books since the last time I posted, and right now I can only remember two that I liked enough to recall the titles. The Cart Before the Corpse was one, Diary of a Chav by Grace Dent, which I have read before and it is so funny that I needed to read it again, and I just remembered one more, Dead is the New Black. I can recommend all of them.

Okay, gotta go take a nap before I go to work.

No comments :

Post a Comment