Friday, December 21, 2012

Not all bats are as cute as Maddy!

I was talking to Diana on the phone last night, and although we are usually on a daily phone call schedule, we've been busy for a few days and have not talked as much, so I had to fill her in on everything.

Like, how the roof guys finally showed up and put a new roof on the house! Woot! It took two and a half days, and I had to sleep at Rachel's house for the first two days because roofers? They show up at the crack of dawn and begin pounding on your roof! So I went to Rachel's in the mornings after work and slept on the very hard futon in their guest room. The upside of that being that when I woke up, I got to play with Maddy!


Then there was the bat that came from I don't know where and was flying around in the house! While I was doing yoga! It's hard to focus on the sequence when there is a bat in the house! My friend Paula was here too, doing yoga with me, and she was a lot calmer than me, because she is a cardiac nurse, so she is totally grace under pressure.


Rich had been upstairs doing Tae Kwon Do in his office area, and had just come downstairs and was in the shower, completely unaware of the bat attack, and I may have been slightly panicky because, well, birds and bats are freaky, so Paula was being soothing, and I told her if she wasn't scared, she could open the front door to let it find it's way out. Which she bravely did, and we went back to doing yoga, with the front door open, and Sonny sitting by the door, wondering what the heck was going on.


When Rich got out of the shower, we told him about the bat attack and he closed the door and did a walk-through but didn't see the bat, so we think he maybe did find his way out. Ugh. I checked behind the curtains in the bedroom before I went to sleep, because bats are cunning that way, and they hide! We seem to be bat-free now, thank goodness.


Yesterday it snowed all day and Rich got his snow blower out to do the sidewalks. He said it's a wonderful sound when you start up the snow blower for the first time of the season.


Kim was supposed to come home last night, but she called yesterday to say that there was a dog-walking emergency, and she won't be able to come home until Monday. I am not happy about this at all, but at least she didn't have to drive home in the blizzard.


2 comments :

  1. yes, bats are cunning that way - they hide. you kill me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have a new pet, or is this the one that you have had in your house before, it loves you guys..... =^..^=

    ReplyDelete