Friday, January 3, 2014

In which Maddy comes over and plays in her underwear.

It's too cold for Maddy to play outside, so while Rachel was at work, Ash dropped her off at my house to play while he took the car in to get something checked.

We had a nice time, just rambling around the house. Maddy jumped on Kim's bed, looked at the lizard, ate some cheese popcorn, drank some koolaid, spilled some on her shirt. Took off the shirt because it had koolaid on it. Took off her pants because she took off her shirt. Watched part of a movie, while eating more popcorn. Then her daddy picked her up and she went home.

I heard from Rachel that they took Maddy swimming at the Y tonight and made a new Maddy movie, so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Kim is taking all her medicine and I hope she starts feeling better soon! She is still sleeping sitting up in the recliner so she doesn't cough as much. She'll have to sleep in the recliner or on the couch tonight, because Maddy and I took the sheets off of her bed and put them in the washer, and then I forgot about them, so they aren't dry yet!

I've been mixing essential oils for Kim's comfort! Today she said the steroid she's taking for the inflammation in her lungs and throat was making her feel jittery and weird! I mixed 3 drops of Balance with 5 drops of coconut oil and applied it to her feet in the afternoon and again tonight when she mentioned that she was feeling weird again.

The other potion - the one I mixed up for the psoriasis rash - I've been applying to the spot on her back and the spot behind my ears, and I think the spot on her back might be looking a little better. I know the spots behind my ears feel better. I'll see how her back looks tomorrow.

Rich and the dog have been walking outside and it was fine all day, although very cold, of course, but Rich said tonight it was really windy and cold on their last walk. We'll see how tomorrow goes. We are supposed to have very low temperatures because of the wind chill.

1 comment :

  1. I wish someone would rub oils into my feet. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete