Monday, April 26, 2010

In which we start with a full moon and end with meatloaf.

It looked like a full moon tonight when I got to work. I drove to work a few minutes early so I could get a spot in the closest parking lot (Rachel calls it Princess Parking!), so I called Diana from the car and asked her what the name of the full moon is this month. Apparently it is the Pink Moon, and it will be completely full tomorrow.

Rachel brought Maddy over this afternoon so we could get a walk. It's our first walk outside since the incident last Wednesday, and we managed to walk the two miles without anyone getting hurt. Maddy was dozing in her stroller with her hood over her face most of the way - "I'm blind!"

What I'm knitting today:

Finished a pair of booties for Maddy. I don't usually (ever!) make booties because they are too small and fiddly, but I saw photos of cute booties on someone's knitblog, and I just wanted to try them. They turned out to be fun and not as fiddly as I expected, so I might make more.

I have a sock to work on tonight that I'm knitting with some beautiful handpainted sock yarn that I got at the Fiber Festival a couple of weeks ago. If there is any yarn left, maybe I will make a pair of booties!

What I'm reading today:

I'm reading The Corinthian by Georgette Heyer. It's comforting and familiar like a grilled cheese sandwich, which sounds pretty good right now too. I love to read Heyer, and I wish I could convert more people to her.

What I'm watching today:

Well it was yesterday, really, but we watched The Invention of Lying. It was cute, but not great. I could listen to Ricky Gervais talk British all day.

What I'm cooking today:

Well, it was pretty much leftovers night at our house, but Carolyn asked for a recipe, and then Jeanette asked for it too, and then Jeanette suggested that I compile some recipes for her, and Rachel and I started listing things we used to make a lot when Jeanette lived with us, and now I am thinking of how good some Tater Tot Casserole would taste tomorrow.

So maybe we should make a family cookbook? I have some recipes already, like Kathy's White Chili, and Uncle Joe's raisin cake, and Harold's Good Meatloaf, but if you have a favorite one that you make all the time, so often that you hardly need to look at the recipe, send it to me and I'll include it in the collection.

3 comments :

  1. I want a copy of the recipe book, too, please! ~~Kath~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you can send the rest of the handpainted yarn to Neil so he can wrap mallets with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some tater tot casserole!

    ReplyDelete