Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving, my favorite holiday.

This has been a long day, what with the cold, rainy weather, and the chemistry test this morning, and then I couldn't sleep this evening like I usually do before work. I used what would have been my sleeping time to catch up with Diana over the phone, so that was good. I played solitaire on my computer while I talked to her, and she played Vampire Wars on Facebook. (Just a reminder - if you see updates on Facebook that give you the status of my Vampire Wars achievements, that is not because I am playing VW, it's Diana. She plays my character as well as her own.)

So it was very cold and wet all day, and I had to go out to the college this morning to take a chem test. I felt really prepared last night when I was reviewing the Gas Laws and doing some practice problems. When I started the test I was fine - I had the Gas Laws memorized, and I had no problem with the multiple choice questions, but then I got to the problems, and hey! There was no indication of which Gas Law went with which problem! I was supposed to figure it out myself! Eeek! So I am expecting to have done very badly on the test, and I don't think I'll be getting a B in the class now.

When the weather is gray and rainy like this, it is good weather for sleeping during the day. Kim brought her laptop and got into bed with me this morning, and I slept until 3:30 in the afternoon.

After dinner Kim and I went to Rachel's to see Maddy. Rachel is all excited because she and Ash are making the Thanksgiving dinner this year, except for a couple of side dishes she asked me to make. She has been making lists and shopping for several days, and tonight we all went for a ride in the car to give Maddy her daily outing, and to pick up the propane tank from my garage. (Ash is planning to deep fat fry the turkey.)

Maddy started out wearing a jacket, a hat and little socks, but she pulls those off as fast as she can, so you have to keep distracting her from that activity. She was busy looking at things in the store where we stopped to get bread for making stuffing, so the hat stayed on while we were there. I never saw her do it, but somewhere between leaving the store and getting back into the car, she stripped off the hat and socks again! When I looked down at her, she was dozing comfortably, but was barefoot and bareheaded.

I'm back at work tonight, and expecting a quiet night. I'll sleep in the morning when I get home, and when I wake up we'll make the mashed potatoes to take to Rachel's. Yay! I love Thanksgiving dinner!

1 comment :

  1. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, too. I'm glad to have found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete