Wednesday, August 17, 2011

In which I talk about my knitting.

When I mentioned the mystery shawl knitalong in my last post, I completely forgot that my friend Wendy might be interested in making one, too, so this is just a PSA for her - we're making a pattern that's on Ravelry - the 2011 Mystery Shawl: Earth & Sky. Go take a look at it, it's really fun, and it goes fast, so even if you start right now, you can get caught up by the weekend, and you will get the last clue when everybody else does.

If I can remember, I will take a picture of my shawl and post it here tomorrow. I have a couple of things to do when I get up tomorrow, and then I have my Microbiology class, so I might forget. Send me a reminder if you want to see a picture!

When this knitalong is over, Sharon from the yarn shop is going to start a sock knitalong for us, and I'm looking forward to that! She's going to start it after Labor Day, which will give everyone time to get their mystery shawl finished.

What I'm knitting today:

I promised someone that I would make some mittens for her to sell at Civil War re-enactments, so I'm making a few pairs for her. Last night I knitted a complete mitten, then decided it didn't look right, and ripped it all out, back to the wrist ribbing. Today I looked at the pattern again, asked another knitter for her thoughts on the mittens, and now I am reknitting what I tore out yesterday. I'm an idiot.


1 comment :

  1. Thank you! What a surprise to see my name (well, I am hoping you meant me!) in your post. I've got the pattern clues and should be able to find yarn and maybe start. That is, if I'm not starting quilting this week!

    ReplyDelete