Wednesday, July 15, 2009

In which I have issues.

A few months ago I was talking with Diane from the lab, and she said she was thinking of going to nursing school. I agreed that it was a good idea, and shared my experiences with nursing school, which include applying and being accepted twice, dropping out in the middle and then deciding to apply a third time, but coming to my senses later and not pursuing it.

Diane was so enthusiastic about it that she almost sucked me into it again, but I said no. She has been taking the pre-requisite classes since then, and last night she said that she needed to go out to the college in the morning to make a change to her Fall schedule. I offered to go with her because I still needed to drop my Fall classes.

So we met in the parking lot after work this morning, and went out for breakfast, and then drove out to the college. I did my dropping, and then interviewed the registration lady about the collection of lighthouses on the counter while I waited for Diane.

The lighthouses are the property of both of the registration ladies, since one of them was collecting them and introduced the other one to her hobby. The lady who was helping me said that she goes on lighthouse visits every weekend during the summer and she especially loves the ones on the Western shore of Michigan. She was so enthusiastic that it was fun to talk to her.

Afterward I went home to bed and had a hard time falling asleep! I did finally go to sleep but I woke up too early, and didn't nap for long enough tonight either. I have the next three days off, so I'll catch up.

I rode out to the fairground with RA and waited in the car with the AC on while she entered the fair, using her exhibitors pass, and she came back with cheese curds for us, which is really the only reason to even have a fair, in my opinion. Cheese curds here in cow country are dipped in batter and deep-fried, making them a soft and gooey treat. It's a good thing they are only available at the fair, because I would be living on them if I could get them anytime.

Kim and I took the two-mile walk tonight and while we were walking, Rachel called. I told her I dropped the Fall classes but it was too late to drop the summer class without the teacher's signature. She said I should just get his signature, and I said it would be embarrassing to tell him I was dropping because I just don't feel like finishing. Rachel told me to say, "Weren't you listening when I made that first speech about my commitment issues? You bastard!" That cracked me up.

1 comment :

  1. You know, I have seen cheese curds at Wally's. Of course, they couldn't possibly be as good as those found at the fair. I'm so impressed with all your walking!

    ReplyDelete