Wednesday, July 8, 2009

There is a mouse in my office and Erin calls it Speedy.

I woke up this afternoon and I wanted nothing in the world more than I wanted to drop my stupid Speech class! I couldn't imagine why I had taken it in the first place, and I also want to drop the two classes I am signed up for in the Fall!

I dealt with it by calling my three closest advisors, Rachel, Diana, and Sarah! Rachel is willing to go with me to drop the classes for Fall, so that's what we'll do next week, and she suggested that I use a paper written by Kim for one of her classes as a basis for my next speech. Diana told me if she were in my shoes, she would not want to let the money go to waste that I paid for the class, so she would finish it even if it killed her, and then she had a couple of good ideas for the speeches, so that made me feel like I could probably do it, although I never really have a problem with pissing money away (but I should!). Sarah told me how she breezed through her speech class pulling prize-winning speeches out of her ass, because that is how things go in her sunny golden life, and I could not be happier for her, but it wasn't so helpful. What she did say that helped me was when I asked her why I took this class at all, and she said it was because I wanted something to do. Oh, right! That made me feel better than thinking I just went insane one day and took classes for no reason. I do get bored, and I look around for entertainment, and next time I get the urge to take classes, I will ... do something else.

So I'm still taking the class, and I'm behind on the online lectures again, and I still have to make up questions to ask in the forums because he wants an original question from us for each chapter, but I think I can manage to finish this class. Ugh. I can't think about it right now.

Rich is still gone to BS camp, and it was raining all day today, but he is prepared. He took his big rain poncho, so I'm sure he is fine. What I really miss is that he isn't here to do the dishes and take out the trash, but last night Kim did the dishes and today she took the kitchen trash out to the garage, so we're managing to keep going, even without him.

I made dinner yesterday and again today, and I have a plan for dinner tomorrow, so yay! Look at me, cooking! Yesterday it was chicken curry, and today I made enchurritos. Tomorrow it's going to be cashew chicken.

In other news, Axel told me last night that he has a girlfriend now. He met her on an internet dating site and they emailed each other for a month or so, and they went out for coffee together this weekend. I said, "And she's already your girlfriend? Since Saturday?" He said yes, that their personalities are alike, and then he said that she isn't the kind of girl who would usually go out with 'a guy like me' - a phrase he has used before to describe a woman who isn't up to his standards of beauty - but she has a really pretty face (so she might be a little heavy?) and also, she worships the ground he walks on. He's so shallow he makes a mudpuddle look like the Atlantic Ocean. I predict this won't last, and he might as well give up. He's never going to meet a woman who loves him as much as he loves himself. I'm ashamed of him.

2 comments :

  1. I love to be part of the Audrey Council and I love Axel stories. I wish you could post some pictures, I'm sure he would love to know you were posting him online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should do a speech on genealogy...

    ReplyDelete