Saturday, February 20, 2010

In which I feel horrible, and yet, so happy.

I hardly slept at all the last couple of days, but I think I am caught up now. Yesterday was weird, because I hadn't slept enough the night before, even though I was home all night. I went to sleep at 10 or so, and woke up at 1. I tried to go back to sleep, but it just didn't happen. I watched TV, farmed my farm, and knitted, and in between those activities, I would go back to bed and try to sleep, but after an hour of laying in bed awake, I'd just give up and go find something else to do.

So it was a long day, and by noon, I was tired, but I had a hair appointment at 1, so I couldn't go to bed! I would have called to cancel, but I had already missed one appointment by forgetting it, so I felt like I owed it to the salon to show up this time! Then I had the bright idea of calling Rachel to see if she wanted to take my appointment! Yay! Rachel went to the salon and I went to bed!

When I woke up, it was almost 7, and as I staggered to the shower, I thought sadly that it was too late in the day for me to see Maddy, and I wondered if Rachel would want to bring the baby over to visit, but I didn't think she would, because it's a lot of work to take a baby out with all of its supplies.

After my shower, I got dressed, and then from downstairs, I heard a noise! And it was Maddy! She and Rachel were in the living room! So I had a nice time playing with Maddy, and then she had to go home to bed. (Rachel's hair looked good.)

When Maddy and Rachel were here, I was coughing a bit, and after they left, I started to feel feverish and cough more, and I realized that what I thought was asthma for the last few days, was actually a cold coming on! Oh noes! I hope Maddy doesn't catch it!

Dr. Diana recommended that I get some Dayquill to take at work, so I went to the grocery store on my way to work, and bought Dayquill, and Nyqill to take in the morning to help me sleep. Diana was right! The Dayquill helped a lot, and I took the Nyquill capsules when I got home in the morning and slept all day! Oh the happiness!

And now here I am, sitting in the big chair with my laptop on a little table in front of me, drinking a Diet Pepsi, and watching the Olympics. I'm still sick, but life looks pretty good from my big chair.

1 comment :