Sunday, February 21, 2010

Grandma would be so pleased.

I had to laugh about a friend's journal post today where she said her husband was sick so she had to take care of his Farmville farm as well as her own! That is so funny, but hey, even when you're sick, farming goes on! Actually she had to farm three farms that day because she farms on her son's farm, too.

I can totally understand it, because you know I have two farms, mine and Kim's. When I started farming, it was so much fun that I couldn't wait for my crops to grow, so I started a second farm on Kim's account! Now that my farms have gotten bigger, it's kind of a pain to have to farm both of them, but I solved that by planting crops on Kim's farm that take longer to grow, so that I don't have to run from one farm to another to harvest everything at the same time.

One of my Facebook friends used to farm but doesn't any more, and she was telling a story on Fb about a woman who was taken to the hospital and needed to be admitted, but first the sick woman needed to talk to her best friend, and it turned out that she needed to ask her friend to take care of her farm while she was in the hospital! It's funny, but it's true that it would be on your mind if you suddenly had to go away from home for a few days!

One time I had a little time on my hands (when don't I?) and I was going through all my friends farms, fertilizing their crops, and I saw that my cousin Diana's crops were wilting. I sent her a text message to tease her about it, and she called me to say that she was in the car on a short driving trip with her husband and couldn't get home in time to save her crops! Her husband was laughing at us, but he suggested that she give me her password so I could farm them, and she did, so I saved the rest of them. A couple of weeks later, I had to ask her to take care of my farm for the same reason, so it's a good thing to have a trusted friend to help you.

Diana is so funny, now that her kids have left home (more or less) and it's too boring at her house, she is on the computer all the time playing these facebook games. She started with Yoville, and now she has an apartment in Yoville, a house and a mobile home, plus, she runs another Yoville game on her friend's account, just because she likes to play it. I started Yoville because Diana liked it so much, but I didn't care about it, so she used to sign in and play my character, too, when she needed extra money in the game!

Then she started playing Petville and got me playing that with her, but we have both stopped that one. You just feed your pet, clean its house, and collect furniture. I got tired of that fast. It's too much like housework, and I'm not interested in that, either.

The other game she plays now is Vampire Wars, and last night she told me she hoped I wouldn't mind, but that she started playing a character in Vampire Wars on my Facebook account because she needed more members in her group of Vampires! I told her I don't care, and asked if that meant I should accept Vampire gifts when people send them to me? And she said yes, if I get any, to accept them.

So apparently I am playing Vampire Wars now! She told me that she named my character Wilda, which is the name of our grandmother that we were both very close to, because she thought it was a good name for a vampire. I wonder if Grandma would be pleased? She always wanted one of us to name a child after her.

3 comments :

  1. you are hilarious!!! I'm sure Gma would love having a vampire named after her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. plus she would have KILLED us if we named a child after her

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracked me up. I read it out loud and Scott was laughing; Brianna was like "huh?"

    ReplyDelete