Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Take my love, take my land

I'm sorry that I haven't made a post since January, but I have my reasons. First, lack of material to write about, because RA is out of town again and the only place I've gone since she left is over to Rachel's to hold the baby so she can take a nap. Oh, except for that day when Rachel needed to go to the mall in Rockford to buy some bras because she couldn't stand the one she was wearing for another minute! It was eating her alive!

So we took the baby and went to the mall, and we just went straight to the Motherhood store, where Rachel bought four (!) bras and was feeling much better about her life, and I was holding the baby and walking around the store while she was in the fitting room and everyone admired the baby, and then when I said something about her mother, I got looks of surprise and someone said, "Oh, she's not your baby?" and I thanked them for thinking I am young enough to have a baby, and then we went straight back home without even going to look in the windows of the Gap, my favorite store in the world! I know, shocking.

We did stop in a yarn store on our way out of town, but it's not really a very good yarn store, so I just bought a couple of skeins of Encore sport-weight to make a sweater for Carl.

Also, I usually write my journal posts at work, where I have a routine of reading webcomics and journals and then writing my own journal during the first hour of the night, but last week my boss had another one of his cunning plans to entrap the bimbos from the answering service - and I don't understand his fuzzy thinking on this- but he plans to audit their internet useage, so he told Barb that we should not surf the net at work for about 45 days, and that is really cramping my style, because how am I supposed to write my journal and stalk Rachel's old boyfriends if I don't use the internet at work? What will I do when Bill from Housekeeping wants me to help him find a Ballad of Serenity ringtone for his cell phone? How will I know what ugly outfits celebrities are wearing without reading Go Fug Yourself?

So you see that I just don't have anything to write about, but I will make an effort to write about nothing more often.

PS, It's snowing.

3 comments :

  1. Man, you're not allowed to use the internet at work? I thought that was mostly what you did there! And it seems like you were a great operator on top of that so what's his problem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know it's extremely important to me that you have access to the interweb at all times! You KNOW I don't like to do my own research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's horribly funny that warned you not to use the internet. He likes you, he really likes you!

    ReplyDelete