Saturday, May 29, 2010

In which I am not required to do my duty.

I could not be happier! I got called for jury duty - again - and first the case was postponed, and I was supposed to go on Tuesday, but I called yesterday to see if I need to show up on Tuesday, and woot! It was cancelled! Is this not happiness?

Maddy had a sleepover at our house last night, and when I got home this morning, Rich was sitting on our bed, giving her a bottle and watching television. It was so cute! We played with her on the bed until Rachel came to take the baby home.

Kim had to get up early to run a booth at the farmer's market (she was helping a friend who couldn't be there today), but I was asleep by the time she left. When I woke up, Kim was back home and had brought home some good bread and a jar of plum jam!

Rich spent most of the afternoon cutting back a bush in the yard and then disposing of the branches, and when he was done he took a nap. Kim went to Rachel's to watch Maddy for a little while, and when she got home, she took a nap too!

While they were sleeping I made some ratatouille and grilled turkey burgers, which were really good! I'm going to buy those again! Rachel and Maddy came over to eat with us, and Rich and Kim got up from their naps, too.

After dinner, we took Maddy in the stroller and all of us went out for the two-mile walk. We walked it backward from the way we usually go, so that we could look for a neighbors missing turtle! That walk is a lot harder when we do it backwards! There is a lot more uphill walking! (We didn't see the turtle.)

And I'm back at work tonight, with some knitting and a book. I'm reading The White Cat by Holly Black. I'm almost done with another Baby Surprise Sweater, and I'll take pictures of this one before and after it's sewn together and post them for your delight.

1 comment :

  1. I want to live with you. I want to play with baby Maddy and eat ratatouille.

    ReplyDelete