Wednesday, September 21, 2016

So much technology!

Did you know that when you buy a CD from Amazon, that you get a digital copy of it, too? I found that out tonight when I was thinking about a Ben Folds song, and went to buy the MP3 on Amazon, thinking that maybe someone would show me how to put it on my phone later. (The song is There's Always Someone Cooler Than You, since you're dying to know.)

So I bought the song and then, not having anyone here at this moment to show me how to put it on my phone (and mock me in the process, I'm sure), I Googled "how to put a digital song on my phone" and I was told to get the music app from Amazon, so I did, and it said I had 499 songs in the cloud! What?! I looked to see what I have, and apparently every CD I (or anyone using my account) has ever bought from Amazon, is stored in the cloud!

I have no idea who bought some Andrew Lloyd Weber, but I bought that Patsy Cline album for Kim after she worked the soundboard at the theater for the Patsy Cline retrospective. The Monkees! The Beatles! George Michael! Lots of Ben Folds! Vampire Weekend! Cake! OMG! You know what's going to happen is that it will all sit there in the cloud, never being listened to, because I never listen to music unless I'm in the car.

Also? I already listened to the one song I wanted, so I'm good now.

No comments :

Post a Comment