Monday, June 14, 2010

In which Kim is gone and I have to sleep by myself.

The great baby sweater craze of 2010 is dying down at last. I'm finishing the last two baby sweaters, and then I have plans to dedicate my knitting time to finishing Carolyn's Christmas sweater and another little project that is going to be a gift. Then I guess I will make a lot of socks? Or maybe a shawl would be a fun, well not fun, but interesting, long-term project.

Kim went to Wisconsin to visit a friend today, and she'll be back tomorrow. They have plans to hike to some caves, so I told her to pack some long pants and boots, thinking that would protect her from poison ivy and snakebite. She was reaching for her purple patent-leather Docs, but I thought that look was perhaps a little too fancy for hiking and suggested some black ones. Those purple boots would probably attract some snakes!

Rachel brought Maddy over to play this afternoon, and Maddy was a bit cranky. We gave her some holistic teething tablets that were recommended by a friend, and then a dose of Tylenol, just in case the natural remedy didn't work. She took a little nap, but not much and when she woke up she was still pretty fussy, so I don't know how effective either of the remedies were.

Rachel wanted to take the baby for a walk, but I was tired from not sleeping long enough this morning, and also, it looked like rain. It has been one long stretch of rainy days and the wooden frame around the downstairs bathroom door is swollen from roof leakage and humidity - again! Today it was RA's turn to get stuck in that bathroom and Rachel had to help her escape!

So about the time I was talking Rachel out of taking a walk, she got a call from work to say they needed her to come in, so she packed up the baby and headed home to change her clothes and go to work.

As soon as Rachel left, I took my book and went upstairs to read in bed. Kim will sometimes bring her laptop and sit on the bed, computing, to keep me company while I sleep, but she was gone to Wisconsin, so when Rich passed by the door, I asked if he wanted to watch TV on our bed to keep me company, but he wasn't interested. I read for a while and went to sleep, so I guess I showed him!

1 comment :

  1. I hope if I get stuck in that bathroom Rachel is there to help me escape because I know you'll be upstairs asleep, unable to hear my cries for help.

    ReplyDelete