Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In which there is walking, and cooking.

This morning I gave a ride to a friend from work who needed me to follow her to where she was dropping off her car and then take her to the college for a morning class, and by the time I got home, I was so tired, I think I might have been endangering myself or other drivers!

I went right to sleep when I got home and when I woke up, Kim was just getting done in the shower. She must have been up late last night writing her 5000 words! (She's writing 5000 a day this month in a determined effort to finish her novel.)

RA was going out to get her nails done, so Kim and I rode along and did some shopping while she was in the salon. Last night Kim was craving cake, so one of the things we bought was a cake mix and also can of frosting, and she was planning to make that tonight.

When we got home, Kim mentioned the cherry tree in the backyard and said she wanted to pick the cherries that are getting ripe. She picked cherries last year with her friend Catsy, so she called Catsy and invited her to sleep over and pick cherries. I haven't seen any cherrypicking so far, but they have been playing video games and cooking. They made shrimp linguine for their supper and they were talking about making that cake.

Rachel showed up with Maddy and insisted that we needed to take a walk, and not only that, but she wanted us to walk three miles instead of our usual two! Eek! She talked me into it, so we fed Maddy and got her ready to go (wearing a very sassy hat), and we set off.

It was hot, and the sun was shining and we walked and walked, and there may have been some whining, but mostly it was okay. Maddy slept for about half of the walk, and then she woke up and just watched the world go by, and we kept her covered with her hat and a light blanket because the sun was really bright, and did I mention that it was hot? Because it was!

When we dragged back into the house I sat on the floor to change Maddy's diaper while Rachel put the stroller away and oh my goodness, I was so hot that sweat was running into my eyes while I changed the baby!

I took a glass of ice water and sat down to watch Kim and Catsy play a video game where they were cooking various recipes and doing chopping and sauteeing, and Maddy was laying on the floor on a blanket. Pretty soon Maddy had rolled onto her stomach and was watching the video game! She watched it for a while and then rolled over onto her back and played with her toes.

Rachel made some dinner for us, but after we ate she needed to get back to her house, so she packed up Maddy and left. It was time for me to get a nap before work, so I went to bed and left the girls in the living room, still 'cooking'.

1 comment :

  1. That's great that the girls were cooking.....but did they ever pick the cherries?!

    ReplyDelete