Thursday, June 24, 2010

In which we are aching all over!

When I woke up today I went out to get lunch at Subw@y with RA, and we took our sandwiches to the park to eat them. We sat in her car with the air-conditioner running and watched the peddleboats go by on the river while we ate.

When I got home Kim told me we were going to Rachel's to babysit for Maddy while Rachel and Ash go to the movies. So here we are, and Maddy is sleeping in her swing while Kim plays Monkey Island to entertain me, and I am looking things up on the internets to amuse myself.

Kim and I are both a bit achey today because we went to the gym yesterday in the afternoon and worked like animals - we are such gym rats, har har. Actually we are the laziest ones there, and we don't go enough, either. We keep saying we're going to go three times a week, and really, it's a good week if we go once, and a miracle if we go twice!

Yesterday I was almost done and the next-to-the-last machine I worked on was the chest press, and when I finished with that I went over to Kim to tell her something, and as I crossed the floor, reached up with both hands to get my hair off of my face, and omg, my arms were so tired I could barely lift them to my hair! Today they are sore, but we have vowed to go back tomorrow and use our muscles again. Ouch.

When we left the gym, we stepped outside and gasped - or we would have gasped if we had been able to breathe in the thick, soggy air! It was like a sauna! It was so hot and so wet, I swear, we could barely slog to the car! Wow, I am so glad we went to the gym instead of doing the two-mile walk! I imagine that a walk would have been like cutting our way through a rainforest, only my arms were too tired to lift a machete!

So here we are, in Rachel's air-conditioned apartment, playing video games and watching Maddy sleep in the swing (with her head all laying over on one side - it doesn't look comfortable), and we are just enjoying the quiet and the cool. It's not as humid today, so we might take a walk later.

2 comments :

  1. thank goodness you don't have to lift a machete but only have to live in the horrible humidity. I will take 112 over that any day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you guys for hitting the gym. Even if you aren't working as hard as you think you should, at least you're doing something.

    ReplyDelete