Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Back to school - let the complaining begin!

So this semester I'm taking the second chemistry class, Chem 120. I swore I would not take another morning class because that would require me to go straight from work to school and sit through class half-asleep, so this one is an evening class. Once a week. For three hours. Ugh.

What's good about the class is that three people that I know from Intro are in the class and we all sat together. I met Diane in the parking lot and we went in to find the classroom together. It's in a lecture hall with long curved tables, and that's a good thing, too! In the Intro class we sat at those little school desks, and there was just that tiny desk top, so I was always juggling all my stuff, my big chem book, notepaper, calculator, my knitting and a Diet Pepsi, and something was always falling off!

Tonight I was lucky enough to sit by the cutest kid in the class! He had pretty curly hair, just like Darren Cri$$, and he smelled fantastic, too! Sadly though, by the time the class ended, the fumes from his bodywash had given me a huge headache. I'm sure my knitting and the fact that I am probably 10 years older than his mother made me fascinating, and now all the girls his age are jealous of me.

The instructor is cute in a chubby nerdy way (you know you want him), so that is another good thing about this class. There is nothing sexier than a PhD in Chemistry, I tell you what! (Diane is already making plans for Laura to flirt with him, hoping it will get us all As!)

On the downside, the class is three hours of lecture. On the upside, I got a lot of knitting done. Also, well, it is chemistry, so it's hard to leave there without my ears ringing with boredom, and have I mentioned (today) that chemistry is all math? You know how I feel about numbers!

It's going to be another long semester, not only for me, but also for Rachel, my chemistry tutor.

3 comments :

  1. I found that when I was getting bored in class, I would start thinking of class as a story I was writing. I found this also helped to remember important stuff, Audrey, you might need to remember for, an exam!! I liked nemonics(I don't think I spelled that correctly). It helped me so much coming up with creative sentences to remember data. Repeat after me, I will do so awesome in this class, again repeat, I will do soooooooo awesome in this. When I do sooooooooooooo awesome in this class, I will reward myself with ________. There you go, Audrey, so motivation. Or how about make a bet with your class buddy, that you will earn an A- or whatever grade you see yourself earning. So have fun, make the class fun. Bring in food for the class break, anything to enjoy it more. There is Valentine's Day, St. Pat.'s Day, Easter, First Day of Spring, probably class will go through May Day. Liven' it up so that you don't feel the boredom, challenge yourself and others Audrey!!!! =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some good ideas, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just like that show Community! I am so jealous of your fun class.

    ReplyDelete