Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Week three of chemistry

Last week I didn't realize how much homework there was going to be, so I left it to the last minute and didn't finish it all before class. Thanks to Laura, I did manage to finish and submit both quizzes on time, though!

This week I planned ahead and divided the homework into equal parts, planning that if I did six problems a day, I would finish all of them by today. Hmm, well you know that didn't happen, but I came close, and I only have six problems left to finish tonight. I can do those at work tonight, and if I get stuck on anything, I still have time to study at Rachel's before class tomorrow.

One of the things that slowed up my homework, was the weekend knitting challenge that I got into with Karin! We both had some stalled projects that just needed a little effort to finish, and we just needed a little nagging to do it!

I worked on that a little bit every day, and I still didn't finish, but now I'm really close! Really! I would like to finish Carolyn's sweater before the end of the week, and the other thing to finish is the fingerless mitts I made for the Pay It Forward exchange on facebook.

Tonight I sat down to watch a little TV before work, and I wove in the ends on all the mitts except one - because when I picked it up to weave in the ends, I found that I hadn't finished the thumb! So that one I'll finish tomorrow.

My real incentive to finish these projects is that I want to start some new projects! One is a sock of the month club that Karin planned for herself, as a gift to her sister, but it looks fun so I'm going to make them too. The other is a white sweater that Rachel needs because it's cold on her unit when she's at work. She picked out a couple of patterns, and I'm eager to get started on one of them!

So that's what is going on here. Chemistry and knitting. And the dog peed on the floor this morning, but that's hardly news, is it?

2 comments :

  1. You go girl!!! It is all doable, 6 problems a day. Oh I so remember chemistry, if you get through this class, woman you can do anything!!! Have a great rest of the week. Take care. =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job on your divide and conquer plan (both for homework and knitting). I'm still not finished with my mice, and now I need a new baby sweater for my nephew, but hey, that's what the weekend is for, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete