Saturday, January 8, 2011

In which we give a dog a bath.

The dog has been smelling, well, doggy, and Kim discovered why - his hairy dog butt is caked with poop! We gave him a bath today and he is much more pleasant!

Kim and I took him upstairs and put him in the tub, hosed him down with the shower nozzle and soaped him up with dog shampoo. We wore rubber gloves, because I am not interested in touching a dog's junk with my bare hands! Kim worked on his nasty bum, soaking it with water, then soaping it, and finally trimming it with scissors. Sonny stood patiently for all of that, because he is a good boy!

Then we toweled him off and would have dried him with a blow dryer, except that our ancient blower was dead! Oh well. He shook himself all over us, thanks, and then went downstairs to find his daddy. It has been horribly cold here for the last couple of days, but Rich took the damp dog out for a walk! I hope he won't get sick from going out with his hair wet!

Kim is going back to school tomorrow afternoon, and I'm really going to miss her. She took me to a late lunch at the new sushi place today, and that was a nice ending to her winter break. The food was really good, by the way, but we were sitting by a big window, and we were both freezing by the time we finished eating!

We went home and got into bed to warm up and Kim fell asleep right away, as she slept over at Ana's last night, and they must have stayed up really late. I read my book and knitted for a while, and then I took a nap too, so I would be ready for work tonight.

So that's all the news for now. I'll let you know if anything exciting happens.

No comments :

Post a Comment