Saturday, January 1, 2011

In which I was a bit tired.

I'm tired today, but it's not from partying last night. We did have a family party, in which we watched Rear Window and had root beer floats (well, everyone but me - I hate root beer). Kim and I were the last ones to go to bed around 1 in the morning.

No, I'm tired because Maddy spent the night at our house, and although she went to bed beautifully at 8:30, she woke up at 2-ish in the morning and didn't want to go back to sleep. Rich got up with her first, because he had gone to bed about 10, so he was more rested than I was.

She still hadn't gone back to sleep by 3:30-ish, so I got up and took over so Rich, who was getting sick with the cold that I just had, could go to bed. Carolyn got up to try to help, and I was so grateful, because I couldn't find Maddy's binky, and Carolyn found it!

There was a Dr. Who marathon on the BBC channel, so when Maddy fell asleep in my arms, I didn't try to put her back in the porta-crib, I just sat in the chair and watched television and let her sleep.

When Rachel got off of work she stopped at my house, where Maddy was just waking up a little bit, and I went with them back to the apartment, where Maddy went right back to sleep in her swing and I slept on the couch until she woke up, three hours later!

Happy New Year!

1 comment :