Sunday, February 6, 2011

Endothermic, Exothermic, Entropy...

I am so tired of doing chemistry, I can't tell you. I've been working on the homework problems for chapter six for almost a week, and I am just done. I didn't get answers to a couple of the problems and I am not even going to try any more. I'm moving on!

Chapter 7 doesn't look too pretty, either. I looked over our teacher's Powerpoint slides that he always posts before class so we can print them and read along, and ugh. I made flashcards of the new terms, and then I made flashcards of the polyatomic ions we need to memorize (hah!), and now I'm taking a break.

*****


I wrote the above bit last night and then I stopped and saved it, because I just had nothing more to say. I'm going to look at the chapter 7 homework tonight and take a stab at it.

So I left work this morning and it was snowing lightly, but nothing like last week. It snowed all morning, and on and off all day. Just another layer of frosting on the existing snow. Everyone was talking about it in church, and relating their snow storm stories and the deep thoughts that went with them. Yawn. It's winter, people, it snows. Suck it up.

That being said, I will tell you that I got stuck in my own driveway when I left the house to drive to work tonight. Rich went outside with me so he could move his car into the driveway when I left, because we don't like leaving our helpless cars parked on the street when the plows are out.

Rich walked down the driveway as I got in and started my car, and I was looking over my shoulder as I backed out, so as not to run him down but because I was looking backward for him, I wasn't keeping my car straight, and oops, I drove off the edge of the driveway and got hung up on a big snow pile.

I tried rocking back and forth, but it didn't help. Rich saw what was happening and came back to push me off of the snow pile, and all was well. I drove to work feeling the weight of his scorn, but hey! By looking behind as I backed up, I saved his life and you'd think he'd be grateful!

No comments :

Post a Comment