Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Just what is slow-jacking, anyway?

So it was chemistry class night. I went to Rachel's this afternoon to do the last few homework problems before class. I got them done in time to go to class, but Diane was feeling rebellious, so we stopped at McDonalds to get a soda on the way and went in late.

It was the same old thing, we tried to pay attention to Dr. Chemnerd reading his Powerpoint presentation, and look attentive. I spend a lot of time looking attentive in class, and sometimes I am thinking about adjusting my expression and miss what he's saying. Not that I am ever really able to focus on the lecture for very long.

There is a guy who sits directly behind me and bugs me by murmuring to himself during class, and by the tone I can tell that he is making smart-ass remarks, but I can't hear what they are. Tonight I talked to him during the break, and he seemed friendly, but yeah, he's a smartass, which is fine and can be amusing, but he also has a very high opinion of himself, and that? Makes him less appealing. After we talked to him during the break, he made his comments a little louder during the rest of the class for our benefit. Ugh.

One of the Frontrow Girls was taking the entrance exam when we did on Monday, and Diane told me afterward that she saw that girl getting answers from the girl sitting next to her during the test. So in class tonight, I told Diane I would give her a dollar if she struck up a conversation with Cheatergirl during the break and asked her what her test score was.

So while I was talking to the wiseguy, Diane was schmoozing the people in the front row. There was a guy who sits in the front row every week who was also at the test on Monday, and Diane says she knows him from Anatomy and Physiology last semester, and that he is weird. I told her there was another dollar in it for her if she could get him to tell her his test score, but although I saw her talking to him, she said she wasn't brave enough to ask. She did, however, ask him if she could borrow his test book so she can study it before she retakes that test!

Turns out that Cheaterchick didn't score high enough on the test, even with the cheating, and it was her second time taking it! Diane wouldn't take my dollar, so I'll have to buy her a soda next time we go out.

PS - Slowjacking is what Wiseguy said he was doing in reference to taking classes and applying to the nursing program. By which he meant that he is taking the pre-reqs slowly instead of cramming them all into a couple of semesters, which is what Diane, Laura and I are doing also, but we don't have a cool name for it. We call it taking our time so we don't get stressed. Also, he said he was planning to BS his way through the entrance test when he takes it, and good luck on that, pal. Since he is taking A&P for the second time, I think his BSing skills maybe aren't as stellar as he would wish.

1 comment :