Saturday, February 26, 2011

Into the wild country.

I'm up early today to go to the salon for a haircut. It would normally be a cut and color, but after the big allergic reaction/fiasco last year, I'm not getting my hair colored like I used to. I'm trying to learn to love my natural (grey) color!

I love my salon so much! I've been going there for about 10 years now, and they are like family - well, like good friends, anyway. I hadn't been there in a while, since I don't have to go so often now that I'm not coloring, and I really needed a haircut. Yesterday someone posted on the salon's facebook page that they had a couple of openings for Saturday morning, and I called and got an appointment!

I told Dawn, my stylist (and she owns the salon), that I called because I saw that on facebook, and she told me that Kimber, one of the other stylists, had said she was going to announce on fb that they had openings, and it was funny that someone else and I had called and taken the spots.

It's funny how much I learn from fb that I would be the last to know otherwise! I get a surprising amount of family news on fb, and I always know what's going on in RA's family too, so I tell her about what her daughters are saying, because she never checks her fb page. I always say I'm going to stop looking at fb, but then there I am, whenever I'm bored, checking my page to see if anyone is saying anything interesting.

This is my weekend off and I should be studying for a chemistry test next week, but I really don't feel like it.

Last night I went for a drive out in the country with Rachel and Maddy. Rachel was taking a casserole to someone who just had surgery, and I was just riding along. We had the GPS to help us find the place, but even with that, we still had to turn around a couple of times.

Ugh, the country is no place to be at night. There are wild animals running across the road, and there are no street lights! Also, no gas stations if you are low on gas or need a Diet Pepsi. We never did find the house, because they live in a gated community, with no one at the gate to let us in! Yeah, we just turned around and came home.

Maddy had a good nap in the car, so something good came of our trek out into the wilds. She fell asleep with her head on her monkey neck pillow, and we could hear her little snores. When we didn't hear snoring, I reached back to feel if she was breathing, because I am always checking kids to see if they are breathing, and I didn't feel her breath when I held my hand in front of her face, so I held one side of her nose closed and then when I let go, she snuffled so I knew she was okay. Whew!

No comments :

Post a Comment