Thursday, September 1, 2011

In which you learn the name of the film.

When I was talking about which uncool movie I like, I didn't tell the name of it, because I was kind of thinking that one of my kids would name it in the comments. I forgot that none of them actually read my journal, either because they don't have time or they just don't care (sniff!).

Karin suggested that it might be America's Sweethearts, but no, that is an excellent movie that I am proud to love, unlike another John Cus@ck movie, Serendipity, that is so terrible it sucks the cool right out of you through your eyes. I can pretty much watch Mr. Cus@ck in anything, but that one makes my ass ache.

The actual movie that everyone in my family thinks is so terrible is Nashville, which was a huge hit back in the day and it is a classic! A classic!! What is wrong with you people??

In other news, I spent an hour with Maddy this evening, walking around the neighborhood, mostly in my neighbor's backyard. Her yard is all pretty with landscaping and nice outdoor furniture, and she had a couple of jars of bubble stuff on a table for her grandchildren, but they are getting a little old for bubbles, and she was happy to see me blowing bubbles for Maddy to catch.

We stayed outside as long as I could stand it but the humidity was so high that I was miserable, and mosquitoes were eating us both, so I coaxed Maddy back into the house, where she played the piano, plucked at the harp, and typed on the computer in the den.

That's all I've got. Tomorrow I'll get back to the 30 Days of Shamelessness.


4 comments :

  1. My poor harp. Not about Maddy plucking it, but I realized it's been two months since anyone has tuned it.

    The reason I didn't name your movie is because I haven't watched Nashville. When I say that name, it conjures up the image of that Superman series, Smallville, or that Tv show Mashville. Or is it just MASH?

    My B-Vitamin complex pills are working wonders against the mosquitoes here, and you know that if they work in Taiwan, they'll more than likely work in the States. Speaking of which, I wonder if you could send me some in the mail? Or I could track some down here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one wasn't part of my film education! And I did think that America's Sweethearts was too cool to be on the uncool list, but hey, that's why it's a guess, right?

    But my favorite John movie is probably Gross Pointe Blank. . . but there are so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never even heard of Nashville.

    ReplyDelete