Monday, September 19, 2011

That time I fell down...

At first I couldn't think of a time when I fell down, and was feeling a bit superior, what with my excellent coordination and all, but then the memories started flooding back and there were so many I couldn't decide on just one!


  • The time I caught the toe of my sandal on the lip of the top step of the four stairs up to my office, tried to catch myself with my arms windmilling and slammed into the glass door, which luckily, didn't break!

  • That time I was getting on the exersize bike in my bedroom, and threw my leg over it too enthusiastically, lost my balance, and fell backward with the bike on top of me. That was on a bare wood upstairs floor, so it echoed through the house like an elephant had fallen through the roof.

  • The time I parked on a hill, got out of the car carrying a large Diet Pepsi from McDonalds in my right hand, and the car wasn't all the way in gear so it started rolling forward. My right arm was still through the seatbelt, so it was pulling me with it, through the intersection until it bumped to a stop on the curb at the bottom of the hill. My seven-year-old daughter was watching in horror from the window of the school bus! (When I stood up, I was still clutching my Diet Pepsi.)

  • There were two times when our sheepdog, Buffy, tripped me while we were walking, because that dog was always trying to kill me!

  • And then there was the time when I was doing the two mile walk with Kim, who was babbling about Pokemon and driving me crazy, so I looked up at the sky and rolled my eyes, which caused me to not see the broken sidewalk, and when I stepped on it, fell and broke my foot, thereby proving that exersize (or Pokemon) isn't good for you.



    That was just hitting the highlights. I'm leaving out the times I have fallen on ice, because anyone can do that, and the time I slipped in a miniature mudslide while walking Buffy, who laughed all the way home as I cursed out loud because I was covered in mud! (She didn't plan that one, but it made her happy anyway. That dog hated me.)

    So that is probably enough of my humiliating incidents for now. See you next time, when I will maybe tell you about that time in 1978 when I tripped and fell outside a club when I was wearing my Candies 4-inch platform heels and tore a hole in the knee of my Calvins and looked like I was drunk when I had not even had one drink!
  • 3 comments :

    1. I love the drunk/not a drunk story best!!! Hilarious.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Gosh, I so remember wearing platform shoes and all that came with it. Great writing today Audrey!!! =^..^=

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm sorry that Pokemon broke your foot, hahaha. I don't remember that that was the thing that distracted you. It must have been during the time when my Pokemon obsession was at its peak, XD.

      ReplyDelete