Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Scratching and finishing.

I am finishing a bunch of things and I feel so good about it! I just did the finishing for a grey hoodie that I knitted for Karin's sister Kelly who did me a big favor, and since I will be seeing her and Karin in the next few days, I thought it would be a good idea to get the sweater done so she can wear it! Woot!

I finished the yarn shop KAL socks and oh man, they were a big pain because they were kilt socks, so not only did they have to be long like knee socks, but they had a lacy cuff to knit to turn down on the top of them. Whew! I just finished knitting the second sock last night and did all the finishing this afternoon!

I have finished the knitting on the kimono sweater for Maddy, and I washed and blocked it, sewed in all the loose ends, and now I just need to do a little bit of knitting to make the ties and a button loop and it will be done!

So I have a feeling of accomplishment like you wouldn't believe, and now I'm thinking about what I will make next!

Maddy was at my house for a couple of hours this evening and we had such a nice time. She wanted her hair brushed when she found my brush laying on the desk, so I brushed her hair while she sat at the desk and watched some Sesame Street videos on Youtube.

Then she started playing with the back-scratcher that was also on the desk, so I used it to scratch her back, and she loved it! Her eyes practically rolled back in her head with joy at having her back scratched, so I played some funny cat videos from Youtube and scratched her back for about 20 minutes, but then I was worried about scratching all the skin off, so I distracted her from the scratching and we went to play with the button box instead.

That was my day, what did you do?

2 comments :

  1. i finally posted my first blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are really productive!

    If you are looking for a small project to do next, Soren asked me if you could make a sweater for Peter, his little rabbit. (He requested a *blue* sweater.) Peter's upper body is really very small so it might be weird looking but ... I told him I would ask.

    ReplyDelete