Saturday, October 15, 2011

Because I know how much you care about rabbits...

So here's the thing, I ran out of the sock yarn I was using for the Rabbit Surprise Sweater with only a few rows to go! I could weep. It was just an odd ball of some brand I had never heard of, so it's not like I can just run to the corner store and get another ball of it, so now I am going to have to go shopping and find some other sock yarn to make the rabbit jacket!

I know what you are thinking, you are thinking that I have lots of yarn in the yarn room and why can't I just match some yarn that I already have, even if it's not a really good match? It's only a jacket for a stuffed rabbit, so how close a match does it need to be? It doesn't have to be perfect!

Well, you would be right in thinking that I have lots of yarn, and also that it doesn't have to be a perfect match. But. Aside from the fact that I want Soren's rabbit's jacket to be wonderful, there is the problem that blue is not one of my favorite colors, so there isn't just tons of blue sock yarn in my stash - there is hardly any, actually. In fact, that ball I was using was the only ball of blue sock yarn I had.

I know, blue is everyone's favorite color, and I don't know why I don't seem to have any, but I just don't. And now that I think about it, my Local Yarn Shop (LYS), doesn't have a whole ton of blue sock yarn, either. Not that I am going to go to my LYS to buy yarn for a rabbit jacket. I love Soren, but I don't want to spend that kind of money on an experimental rabbit jacket. I don't even know if it's going to fit the friggin' rabbit!

So I am going to take a little trip to the fabric store to get some cheap inexpensive sock yarn. I hope they have blue.

1 comment :

  1. You are such a good gramma to go to such lenghts to knit a sweater for a stuffed rabbit. It will be a great story to tell Soren when he gets older. Juanita

    ReplyDelete