Thursday, October 13, 2011

In which it is fall.

It's Fall and today was a beautiful day. There was some rain in the morning, and then it was sunny, and Rachel and Ash came over to work on the door they are decorating for the movie trailer they are planning to shoot in Kim's room next week.

Have I mentioned that before? They are planning to make a series of short films, based on a book that Rachel is writing, and they have made a donation page for it that you can friend on facebook, called The Locksmith Project. They are going to shoot the trailer to put on the donation page, and since Kim is gone for a while, they have moved everything out of her room and they're making it look like a room in an abandoned house so they can shoot the film in there. Ooh! I should take a couple of pictures of the room in progress.

So while they worked on staining the door in the backyard, Maddy and I took a walk through the crunchy leaves and around the block, and eventually Rich and the dog came out to meet us and walk back to the house with us.

They finished with the door just in time for us to go to yoga, and ow, I am so sore from that workout we did tonight! We did a lot of back-bending things, but I think the one that I'm still feeling is one of the standing poses. I took some Advil and a hot shower like I always do after class, and my back is feeling better now.

I'm about halfway through knitting Soren's Rabbit Surprise Sweater, and it looks like it's the right size. I bought some buttons for it today, gold ones, because the Peter Rabbit story mentions the jacket having gold buttons. I bought enough buttons for Carl's rabbit's jacket to have gold buttons, too. It's a good thing these Surprise Sweaters are so much fun to make, since I need to make two.

While I knit, I'm reading the Septimus Heap series that starts with Magyk. I'm re-reading the first four, and I just found that there are three or four more in the series, so I'm excited to read those, too! They're like the Harry Potter books, they're a series for kids that grownups like, too. They're by Angie Heap if you want to look them up.

This is nice - I'm in bed and Rich is sleeping. The dog is sleeping at the foot of the bed, and it's so peaceful. I'm going to knit and read for a while and enjoy my night off.

1 comment :

  1. Sigh ... you make me a little jealous. I want to be a Grandma! Then I can walk around the block with cute kids, send them away, and cuddle up in bed with a good book!

    ReplyDelete