Monday, October 17, 2011

In which rabbits will not go naked!

Rachel and Maddy and I went looking for more yarn for a Rabbit Surprise Sweater, but we couldn't find what we were looking for in either of the stores we stopped in. Rachel suggested we should check her stash, and in it was exactly the yarn I had in mind, but there wasn't enough of it!

I took the one ball that she had, because I knew who would know if that yarn was still available - Karin! It was a Knitpicks yarn, in a color that I thought was called Dusk, and Karin checked the website and said it was backordered until November (!) but that she had some in her stash that she could send me! Woot!

So I started the rabbit jacket again, and knitted on it tonight until I ran out of yarn. I'll start the jacket for Carl's rabbit with another color, because his rabbit doesn't need to meet any literary description, and I'll work on that until I get more yarn from Karin.

Speaking of Karin, we had agreed back at the beginning of the year that we would do a sock exchange, and then I immediately forgot about it. Well, Karin didn't forget, and I got a beautiful pair of socks in the mail last week from her! Maybe I should get started on a pair of socks for her now, since she is sending me emergency rabbit sweater supplies!

Still reading Septimus Heap and today I got a text from someone in the knitting group, asking me the titles so she could get them from the library. I hope she likes them as much as I do. I looked them up on the Amazon website, and it looks like there are two more out, and there might only be one more that will end the series. I finished re-reading the first four, and I'll start book five this week.

I was talking on the phone to Rachel tonight, and I could hear Maddy fussing around in the background, and Rachel said they were baking a pizza in the oven for dinner but it wasn't done yet. Poor Maddy was bored and hungry! I suggested that it was a good time to try a video call, thinking it would be a good distraction for Maddy, and oh my goodnees, Maddy loved it!

She especially liked that she could see herself on the screen too, because you get a little window that shows the view of yourself on the camera, inside the bigger picture of the person you are talking to. She thought it was so delightful to see Rich and I on the screen, but what she liked the most was showing her belly and seeing it on camera! She kept pulling up her shirt to see her belly, and then laughing at it!

2 comments :

  1. I just put your yarn in the mail, so it should be there by Wednesday if past shipping experiences can be trusted. I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete