Sunday, August 23, 2009

And I'm back at work.

I see now what facebook is really good for - it's for getting birthday greetings! It's great because you have already told the system the date of your birthday, and there is a little reminder note on the side of the page a couple of days in advance, so you don't have to do any self-promotion at all! Even if you don't notice the tiny reminder on the sidebar, you see the notes other people have written, so you are shamed reminded then, and you add your birthday wishes to the crowd!

So that was fun today, especially for someone like me, who doesn't promote her own birthday at all, because I don't really think anyone will care outside of my immediate family. It was pretty thrilling to get all of those Happy Birthday notes today! A couple of people even sent virtual gifts, so yay, even better, because normally if I want a birthday present I go out and buy myself something, but this year I got balloons and cake and holy water (hilarious!) right on my facebook page!

Rich thinks I am hard to buy for, so he is happy to let me get a present for myself and thank him for it later. This year I bought a fancy new electronic scale for the bathroom. It gives a readout of your weight (eek!), your body fat percentage, and your level of hydration. Yeah, that was a bit depressing, but at least it isn't so advanced that it screams, "Ow! Get off! Get off!" if you're too fat.

Rachel and Ash came over tonight and Rachel had made a cake, which was nice of her. She made a yellow cake with chocolate frosting, which is the only kind of cake that I will eat with frosting. She left the rest of the cake at my house, so you know what I'm having for breakfast!

1 comment :

  1. I know I was shamed because everyone wished you happy birthday way before I thought of it! So the scale is your birthday present? How not fun is that?

    ReplyDelete