Sunday, August 16, 2009

In which I eat too much, talk too much, and drive too fast - the perfect day!

So ow! My feet hurt! Kim and I went for a walk tonight and I stupidly wore my sandals because I was hot! and sweaty! and I didn't feel like putting my shoes on! I know that if I walk a long way in my Birkenstocks, my arches will get rubbed raw and blistered, and yet I wear them anyway. It's just that they are so comfortable, and sometimes I don't know that I'm going to be walking a long way, so when I get blisters, well, it's not my fault. Tonight I knew there was a possibility that I would get a *little* blistered, but I thought I'd risk it. I was too hot to make a good decision! I walked the last half-mile home carrying my sandals and trying to walk in soft, cool grass! Ow!

Kim and I both had talks to give at church today - she spoke in the Singles Branch, and I went to Kat's ward and spoke there, to a very small but nice audience. It really was fun, and a nice change to be in another ward. The only drawback to being a stranger in a small ward is that you really stick out, so instead of texting Diana or Kim during RS like I usually do, I just knitted and watched the clock. I didn't want to seem rude! That last meeting always drags for me - I'm not good at sitting still that long!

Kat's family took me to lunch at Pizza Hut after church, and I love Pizza Hut, so I was happy! I ate a lot and also talked a lot. In fact it was one of those times when I drove home with my own voice echoing in my head, wondering why people don't shut me up! Lucky for me, Kat's family are kind and tolerant, and they just let me babble on and on...

2 comments :

  1. But you're so entertaining... I'm sure they were delighted to be in your company and listen to you talk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what Beck said! I missed my Sunday morning church text...

    ReplyDelete