Thursday, August 6, 2009

There was walking, and there were noodles.

Well, I was going to finish those baby blankets last weekend, but that didn't happen. I worked on the purple one, and it's almost done. There will be a picture when it's finished!

Yesterday Rondee called to see if I wanted to go to the farmer's market with her, and after the market, we drove around drinking a soda and talking, just like I always do with RA. I recruited her for Team Jacob (we run with werewolves), and we drove a circuit that included the walk through the cemetary, to see how much further we need to walk to make the two-mile walk into a three-mile walk.

Team Jacob is the team of Kim, Rachel and I (and now Rondee) that we formed for the purpose of the 5K Jingle Bell Run/Walk in November. When it's closer to the race time, I'll post a link to our donation page. The walk is for charity - the Arthritis Foundation. We're not involved in any other Arthritis Foundation good works, we just chose this walk because we wanted to do a 5K.

This afternoon Rondee showed up around 5, with her little boy Hayden in his stroller, and we walked the two-mile walk. I think it's too hot to push ourselves to do the three-mile walk, so we're saving that until September.

I couldn't find a water bottle to carry, so I filled an empty Mountain Dew bottle with water (so ghetto), and we walked. In the hot sun. There was a breeze, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Tomorrow I'm going to girl's camp with Rich, who is going as the bishopric representative from our ward, because the bishop is out of town. Rachel went to camp for the week as the camp nurse, and she has been calling me every day when she has some free time. She says the campground is big and the girls from our ward are on the far side of the camp, so we should be able to get a good walk! I thought we were going to be spending the night at the camp, but Rich says he needs to get back so he can work in the morning, so darn! No sleeping in a musty cabin for me!

What I'm knitting today:

Just a sock with Paton's Kroy yarn on size 1 needles. I was looking for a new project, and I think the next thing I'm going to do is a Weasley sweater for Soren, with his initial on it. He knows 'S'!

What I'm reading today:

I'm re-reading Four to Score by Janet Evanovich on my Kindle at work, and when that's done, I downloaded Revenge of the Spelllmans by Lisa Lutz, so I'll start that.

At home by my bed I've got Thus Was Adonis Murdered by Sarah Caudwell. I love her writing, and this is my favorite one of her books.

What I'm cooking:

Kim and I made Thai Noodle Salad for dinner, and it was fast and easy because I had some leftover cooked chicken to use. Even if you were cooking the chicken, you could do that while the noodles cook, and the whole thing doesn't take more than 30 minutes.

No comments :

Post a Comment