Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Nothing much is going on here. When I got up this afternoon, RA said she needed to go to W@lmart, and of course I went along. While I was waiting for her to pick me up, Rich brought in the mail, and most of it was for our next door neighbors!

I took their mail over to their house, and knocked on the door. Their beautiful ragdoll cat was sitting in the hall, looking out at me, and the inside door was standing open, but no one answered. I knocked on the storm door again, and rang the bell, but there was no answer. I put their mail in their box, and started home, but it was a little worrisome, as they are both in their 70s, so I called and left a message that I was just making sure they were okay. They never called back, but I saw the husband out on the steps tonight and waved to him. That's right, don't call me back, gramps, but when you're laying on the floor with a broken hip from a fall and can't crawl to the phone, and your useless cat can't dial 911 because she doesn't have opposable thumbs, you'll be sorry you didn't appreciate my nosy phone calls more!

Rachel and Rondee showed up at my door later, wanting to go to the Farmer's Market. I had forgotten all about it, so I was glad they remembered. I was just pulling a turkey breast out of the crockpot, so we had a few bites of turkey and then went off to buy some stuff! I got more corn on the cob, and some blueberry bread!

I haven't taken a good walk since Kim left on Friday, but I did walk all over the store with RA today. I talked to Kim on her webcam tonight. I miss her! Also, Scott and Carolyn sent more pictures of the babies. I can't wait to see them in person.

1 comment :