Friday, August 28, 2009

In which my feet are cold.

I didn't work last night, so you know what happened. The same thing that always happens, I went to sleep early and woke up super early! I woke up and went downstairs to allow Rich to keep sleeping, because I am thoughtful like that, har har.

I ate a handful of Cheez Nips and drank a Diet Pepsi, read my web comics and the gossip sites, and then I checked facebook, where I saw a status update from my sister Sarah. She had updated from the airport at 4 a.m., so I sent her a text message that she answered on her layover in Charlotte, and yay! I had someone to talk to! At least until her plane left for Houston, but by then it was 6:30 and I could go back up to bed, because Rich gets up about that time.

I was happy to get back in bed and warm up my freezing feet! It's still August, but it's been raining and cold here all week. It's not even 60 degrees this morning. I love cooler weather, but I usually dress for it. This morning I was wearing a t-shirt and underwear, and it was chilly!

So yesterday I was looking for some new knitting project and I poked around in the yarn room for a while, but it's a big mess and I couldn't find anything. I've got two new plastic storage tubs, bought specifically for yarn storage, so now I have to go in there and sort some yarn to put in them. I need to get it done soon because I'm having a guest in the middle of September who needs to sleep in there.

What I'm knitting today:

1. Kim wants a sweater vest - I'm not sure why - so I've got two of them on the needles. I had started one a few months ago after I saw a picture of a cute girl wearing an outfit that included a sweater vest, and that one is about half done. Then for some reason Kim asked me to make one for her; she must have read about a character in one of her stories wearing one. I told her I was already working on one! It's a rusty red wool, but I usually dress Kim in darker colors, and also I ran out of yarn on the ball of red I was working from and I didn't want to dig around in the yarn room for more of it, so I cast on for a dark blue vest last night.

2. My purse knitting is sock #2 of a pair of white nurse socks for Rachel. I'm using Paton's Kroy from the big box of Kroy Karin scored for me at a sale!

3. My bedroom knitting (besides two sweater vests) is sock #1 of a pair of blue socks for Scott. I think the yarn is Trekking. This yarn feels thin and skimpy while knitting, but once it's washed it blooms and is very nice.

What I'm watching today:

I watched it last night before bed, actually, and then dreamed about it, too! It was a little indy film called Dakota Skye and the male lead was so very cute I could lick his nose! His name was Iain Nelson, and I looked him up on IMDB later to see what else he's been in, and the answer is not much. So cute, though!

What I'm reading today:

Fearless Fourteen by Janet Evanovich. I got tired of Stephanie Plum and her amazing psychic nipples by the time I finished reading the first thirteen books one after another, but I keep going back to them to re-read when I don't have anything new because they are so very entertaining. I love Grandma Mazur, I love Lula, and I'm so glad I don't have to live with Bob the dog!

What I'm wasting time on the internet with today:

Go to www.goodreads.com and you can see what your friends are reading, rate and compare the ones you've read, and keep track of what you're reading now. You can write reviews or make snarky remarks (see above comment on Stephanie's nips), and just generally waste spend some time thinking about books and reading. If you go there, you can friend me and see just how much crap I read, as well as admire me for my intellectual devotion to Jane Austen and Anthony Trollope, who were really more like the Janet Evanovich and Nicholas Sparks of their day.

I'm going to go back upstairs and read in bed for a while. It's my day off! It's cold and wet! When I'm tired of being warm and lazy I can get up and do some laundry. Don't be jealous of my beautiful life.

3 comments :

  1. I am jealous. I want to go home right now and lay on my couch with some kind of lovely foofy yarn and knit stuff and watch movies. I could read a nice murder mystery at the same time... and drink a gallon or two of coffee... maybe talk on the phone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm kinda jealous because you're weather is cool enough that your feet are cold...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the book website tip. I'll have to go try it out. Our mornings hear have been in the 50's but by afternoon we are back in the 90s. I'm so ready for fall.

    ReplyDelete