Wednesday, March 23, 2011

In which there were a few flakes of snow.

It's been raining all week, but today it got a little colder and there were a few flakes of snow, and of course I had to hear everyone complaining about it, because even though the seasons change slowly and it happens this way every year, many people are unfailingly surprised! What? It's snowing! Oh this rotten winter, when will it end?

It ends when it ends people, and just be grateful that you don't have to scrape ice off of your car window at 7 a.m. when you stagger out of your workplace and stumble into your car, eager to go home to bed, but first you have to wait for the car to warm up and melt the ice off of the windshield because you have a terrible cracked scraper and your husband has the new good one in his car that he never even uses...okay, breathe, relax, it's almost here, Spring is here, and it's only going to keep getting better, even with the occasional hiccup of cold and a little snow. The window is not iced over in the mornings now! It's all downhill from here!

What I'm knitting today:

Working on the body of the Wallaby for Maddy. I'm making it with some Vanna's Choice acrylic, so it will be washable, and the color is wonderful! It's a variegated bluey-lavendery color. I'm going to start the pouch tonight.

Finished the green Wallaby yesterday and I just need to weave in the ends and mail it to the parents.

What I'm cooking today:

I started something, but then I went to Rachel's to work on chemistry, which ended up being a brain-frying experience with Maddy in a crabby mood and annoying repetitive video game music playing, and the new online homework system that I'm not quite used to, so yeah, very frustrating. I'm so tired of chemistry class...

Uh, where was I?

Oh right, I started cooking and I will finish making it tomorrow, but for tonight we had pizza from Papa Murphys, and what I learned was that I don't like their red sauce and there is too much of it. I don't like red sauce at all, really, and if there is going to be some, what I like is for them to just pass the sauce ladle over my pizza and not actually get any on it! Rachel wanted another Smores desert pizza like the one Rich bought last time, and that was really good. Maddy likes it, too!

What I'm reading today:

I finished a book about a vampire private investigator, but it wasn't as good as I had hoped, so I won't bother to tell you the name of it. It was a free Kindle book and I'm glad I didn't pay for it. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever read, how about I just say that?

When I finished that, I looked in my Kindle archives for something that I have read before that I could relax and enjoy reading again. I'm going to reread Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married by Marion Keyes. I love her books because the dialogue is natural, the characters are real, and they are upbeat stories with happy endings, even when sad things happen. I especially love the stories about any of the Walsh sisters.

How I exersized today:

Hahahahaha! Yeah, that didn't happen. Hey, it was snowing!

No comments :

Post a Comment