Monday, April 4, 2011

In which Sarah is showing me new ways to waste time.

It's all my sister Sarah's fault that I have spent hours on facebook, looking for entertainment and farming. Now she has discovered Twitter, and I am getting sucked into that along with her.

Actually I've been on Twitter for quite a while, I just don't really twizzle much, because I feel that when I do tweet something, it should be of such astounding wit that people reading it will writhe in envy, but I rarely have anything like that to share.

Also, Rich is all about the Twitter, and has about a million followers, so many, in fact, that the last time I bothered to tweet something he didn't even see it because it was lost in the shuffle of his many twiddles, the avalanche of tweets that he has rolling across the bottom of his screen constantly. Are that many people really interested in his rate of Twinkie consumption or how many ladybugs are crawling on his keyboard? My point is that he is always babbling about Twitter like it is a Big Deal, and I lost interest in it because for me, he was gimpifying* it.

So now Sarah is all Twitterpated and is Tweeting right, left and center, and following people and whatnot, so I updated my profile, and followed some people (no one you've ever heard of), and I may possibly even tweet in the near future! Wait for it, it's going to be legend...

If you want to follow me on Twitter (and who wouldn't?), I'm @oozaroo. Don't expect too much.

*Gimpify (v.) To make a previously cool thing lame.

2 comments :

  1. Being on Twitter makes you all hip, cool and savvy. I guess you're supposed to remember to look at it once in a while, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope I am helping to ungimpify Twitter by encouraging you to follow funny celebs and twiddle interesting things so that people like that fake @HelenMirren_DBE will want to follow you. She stopped following me, but maybe she just confused me with the Sarah Larson that dated George Clooney. We look a lot alike.

    ReplyDelete