Sunday, January 8, 2017

In which there is potential frostbite.

I just got to work and as I walked from my car to the employee entrance, which is opened with a card-reader, I thought to myself that I haven't seen my ID card all weekend, and sure enough, it was not clipped to the pocket on the inside of my purse!  I dug around in my (gigantic) bag for a minute, but my fingertips were burning from the cold, and when I didn't find it right away, I called the switchboard operator and asked her to send a security guard to the back door to let me in!


I waited, and waited, and it was so cold!  Finally I started going through my purse again, because I thought that I could probably find my badge faster than he could get there, but while I was still searching, he arrived and opened the door!  Yay! 


So I'm down here in the switchboard office, and I've got the heater turned on under the desk, and I'm almost warm now.  My fingers are still tingling unpleasantly, though.


What I'm reading today: Pot Luck by Kendall Lynn, the fourth book in her entertaining mystery series, and also, the manuscript of Kim's third book, the working title of which is Lend the Dog a Tenner.  I'm very excited about this book, and I'm glad to be helping with editing the first draft, because I want to get this one published.  She is still doing rewrites on the second book, so it's not published yet, either.


What I'm knitting today: I have all but finished a vest for Leif, who is going to be two on Tuesday.  I'm going to just do the finishing work and give it to him (with a book or something) for his birthday.
I've also got a pair of socks to work on, and a scarf, as well as a hat to finish. 


In other knitting news, I'm going to start teaching Rebecca to knit.  Rebecca and her son, Dumbass, are staying with us for a while, and she needs a hobby.  So does he, but he's not my kid, so I mostly ignore him.  She is interested in knitting, and I need to find a pair of bigger needles, like a size 8, to teach her with.  I have some, I just need to find them. 


Well, I am going to do some knitting and reading now.



No comments :

Post a Comment