Wednesday, January 11, 2017

In which there was cooking and eavesdropping.


Every day when I wake up (at 3 in the afternoon), I text RA to see what she's doing, which is almost always nothing, and we go out and get a big Diet Coke from McDonalds, and then we drive around and do any errands that either of us needs to do.


Today was one of the rare days when she was actually doing something, and it was kind of an icky day, so I just stayed home and did, well, not much.  I made Thai Cashew Chicken for dinner, and it was pretty good.  I bought cashews yesterday when I was shopping but I don't know what happened to them.  The kitchen cupboards are both very full and very unorganized, so it's hard to find anything, but I just bought them yesterday, so you'd think they would be easily accessible.  So it was just Thai Chicken, with brown rice, and it was good.


This was the day the social worker stopped by to visit my houseguests, who are hoping to get some financial help in getting a place of their own to live in, and while the social worker met with the mom, I shamelessly eavesdropped from the kitchen table while I played Spider Solitaire on my laptop.  (Have I mentioned how much I love Spider Solitaire?  Because I do.)


Both Diana and Sheila tried to call me while I was busy eavesdropping, and I had to reject their calls, so after dinner, I spent an hour in my room talking to people on the phone to catch them up.


Why I didn't go to yoga today:
It was raining and melting all the snow yesterday during the day, but it's been getting colder and all that water is freezing, so by evening, the roads were so icy that things were being called off.  I didn't go to yoga because I was cooking, and avoiding ice!  Both good reasons.


This weekend I want to really clean some stuff out of my room, like some piles of books, and some piles of knitting patterns and yarn, to make room to spread out my yoga mat.  The den is just too cold in the winter to use it for yoga!  So that's my plan for Saturday afternoon.  I have already informed Rich that "we" are going to be doing that.


What I am knitting today:
A pair of socks for a man with large feet.  Rachel asked me to make them for the husband of one of her friends, and she is making a pair for the friend.  They are going through some bad times, and so we are making comforting socks. 


I just finished a little vest for Leif, and I want to knit one for each of the boys.  I have a couple of hats to finish, and then I can start the vests.  The socks are my purse knitting, so they don't count, because I always have something in my purse.


When Kim is going to update her blog:  The blog that she was going to write in every day in 2017?  Hmm, that's a good question.









No comments :

Post a Comment