Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bitter, party of one, your table is ready.

So I am ripping out the Mondo Cable pulli, because I'm not happy with the gauge I'm getting with this yarn. Also, the directions are needlessly complicated, and I think I'll be happier working on something else for a while. I've got so much yarn, but most of it is regular worsted weight, and I have trouble knitting it to 18/24 gauge. Maybe I'll try it tomorrow on a bigger needle.

I have a couple of knitting projects that RA asked me to make for her to give as Christmas gifts, but there is no hurry for those. I'm working on the cable scarf, which is really fun to do, but I left it at home and I just have a sock to knit tonight at work. The yarn is Opal in the Hedwig colorway, and it's beautiful and soothing.

While I knit my sock, I will be reading The Magicians, by Lev Grossman. I really like this book, it's Harry Potter for grownups. I like the story, I like the characters, who are all rather unhappy people, around college age, and I'm just enjoying it.

RA and I went to the library today and I got a pile of books, although I couldn't find any of the books on my list. Then we drove out into the country to the apple orchard, but it was closed today. Must remember, the orchard is closed on Mon, Tues, and Wed. We are talking about going to the orchard in DeKalb on Saturday when Kim is home, but that might not happen.

She'll be here for just two days, and there won't be time to do everything. It might be a better idea for me to just go back to the small orchard on Friday and buy some donuts and cider to feed her, and not try to make time for her to go the orchard. There is a corn maze by the orchard in Dekalb, and I suggested that she and Sando could go, maybe with Divad, and she was slightly interested, but probably they will go to the movies to see Zombieland, and then just play video games all night afterward.

2 comments :