Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our microwave died.

When I woke up today, the microwave oven was gone from the kitchen, and Rich's daily frozen lunch meal was sitting in the fridge. It was obvious that the microwave had died mid-cycle.

So I went to lunch with RA, and then we shopped at W@lmart for some things she wanted, and looked at the microwaves there. She thought we could probably get a better price at Men@ards, so we went there and we actually did buy one, but I don't think it was necessarily a better deal.

While we were checking out at Men@ards, I noticed the cashier in the next aisle had big flesh-colored spacers in his ears, and I poked RA to look at him, too, so we could share the horror. Then I recognized the kid wearing them - it was someone I used to think was the cutest kid in the neighborhood! Too bad he grew up into a hot mess. If I had been in his line, I would have pretended I wanted a picture to send to Kim, because she knew him slightly in high school, but I was just too far away to get a good camera shot with my cell phone. Darn!

Billy No-mates is working here tonight, setting up the blahblahblah system. I wish I'd known he'd be here, we could have planned ahead and got pizza!

2 comments :

  1. I know right? it's really hard to think of a good excuse to take a picture of someone you barely know. It that weren't the case I'd have pictures of Sid the AC repairman all over my journal and facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to replace your microwave so quickly. I sure couldn't live without mine. When Jamie was 15 she asked me one night if we could have something besides microwave food. My poor girls learned to cook out of self preservation.

    ReplyDelete