Friday, October 9, 2009

I have a horse! And a cow!

I love my new Halloween design! Diana picked it for me and surprised me with it! Isn't it great? The cemetary is like the cool one at the other end of my street, and there is a cat, too! Links don't show up in a different color, though, so you will need to mouse over the writing to find links. There are three in this post.

Still playing Farmville. In fact, it's pretty much all I did yesterday afternoon. No, that's not true, there was some knitting, a little reading, and some Buffy-watching, but that was all just to kill time until my plants grew so I could harvest them on my farm!

Last night I was so antsy to grow more stuff, that I signed onto Kim's Facebook account during a time when I knew she was in a class, and I started playing Farmville on her account, too. I started farming, and invited some of her friends who had farms to be her neighbors in Farmville. (Wow, a lot of college kids are playing Farmville!)

I felt a little embarrassed to be using Kim's account to get a second farm to work, especially when I confessed to Kim what I had done, and she mocked me for it, but later when I told Diana how pathetically obsessed I had become, she told me that she understands perfectly, because she plays two accounts on Yoville, her own, and her friend Naomi's! Whew!

This morning when I woke up, as I was heading to my computer so I could sign on and go to my farm to reap my giant pumpkin harvest, I told Rich that I talked to Diana and how it made me feel better when she said she played her friend's account on Yoville - it validated my life! Rich said he didn't think that just because Diana did it, that it made it less crazy (or something like that), but I think he is very wrong. Diana and I have long felt that our behavior is the yardstick by which all human behavior should be measured!

So. While I was farming yesterday, I knitted. I bought some beautiful chocolate-brown wool at the fabric store - Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool - and I started a cabled scarf from a pattern I saw on the internet a few years ago. It's called Sharfik Scarf and you can see it here. I'm going to make mine without the fringe. It's so much fun to work on that I knitted about 10 inches of it by bedtime.

The other knitting project I have right now is the Mondo Cable Pulli from Chicknits. I'm making it with some tweedy plum wool in a discontinued line called Ballybrae. When the company stopped making Ballybrae, I bought quite a bit of it, and it still comes up for sale on eBay, so it's possible to get more.

My friend Wendy announced that she is making the same sweater, and when she mentioned it, I looked over at the pattern for it, that has been sitting on my desk for about a month, and decided to knit it along with her! It turns out that she is very clever and has been doing some work to clarify the directions, so I'm glad I jumped on that bandwagon with her.

I've been watching the episodes of Buffy on Hulu because Diana is watching them, and she likes the show, so I decided to give it a try. Rich used to love it and watch it all the time when it was in reruns on TV (and our dog was named for it), and it was on like three times a day - he watched it in the morning before work, and at lunchtime after he walked the dog, and it seems like it was on again later, too. I didn't like the way the vampires looked, I thought they were ridiculous, because in my head, vampires are glamorous and attractive. I read Interview with the Vampire about 50 times when it first came out, and I always wonder why more people don't use it as a reference when they create vampire characters (cough, Stephanie Meyers, cough).

Anyway, I watched a couple of episodes yesterday, and yes, it is funny and the dialogue is snappy (when it's not sappy), so I will probably watch a little more of it. While I wait for my strawberry fields to ripen.

3 comments :

  1. oh my gosh, I did something to our blogs that made it so people couldn't comment but I fixed it so please forgive me. Anyway I love your aside to Stephanie Myers! As Nick always says Sunlight + vampires = death but sunlight + vampire + glittery = gay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so relieved that the comments are working again. I always have something to say and it's painful not to be able to say it.
    My socks got here today!!!!
    They are beautiful and wonderful and I love them very much. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay We can comment again!!!! Love the back ground hated not being able to "talk" to you.

    ReplyDelete