Friday, January 15, 2010

And in other parts of the world...

We're all excited and happy about new baby Maddy, and I'm running around buying diapers and collecting baby furniture, but as you know, in Haiti it's considerably less pleasant right now.

I haven't mentioned it before because I don't think we need to pat ourselves on the back every time we do one tiny thing to help someone else, but there is a group that I have contributed to before (and not just to get in the drawing for hand-knit mittens) called Knitters Without Borders, which is a clever way of contributing to Doctors Without Borders.

I just put a button with a link to more information on the right side of my journal, so if you want to do your bit, go there, read about it and follow the link to contribute. You can read what the Yarn Harlot has to say on her blog, too. Scroll down to the January 13, 2010 post, "The Knit-signal." It's very moving.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks for the link, Audrey. Made me a bit sniffley too.

    Congrats on your new Granddaughter. That lucky little girl is going to be so spoiled...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great link! Thanks for sharing. Loved her blog makes you stop and think and remember how lucky we are even on our worst days.

    ReplyDelete